Sunday, January 04, 2009

So long, farewell

So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight

I hate to go and leave my gallbladder behind.

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, adieu

Adieu, adieu to not vomit any more, I wouldn't mind.

So long, farewell, Au revoir, Auf Weidersehen

I'd like it to stay and digest some more fat...
yes?
no!
So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye

I leave and heave and go under the knife.
I hope and pray, I wake up still alive.

I starve, I scrub, I really want to cry.
The sun has gone to bed and so must I
So long, farewell Auf Weidersehen, goodbye
Goodbye Gallbladder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Gallbladder,
I would like to say that I will miss you, but the truth is, I have been counting the minutes to get rid of you. You have been a no-good, dysfunctional member of my anatomy for many years now. You are a sneaky little organ and had all the doctors scratching their heads. One told me "ulcers." Another said, "urinary tract infection." I'm pretty sure another thought "munchausen's." I don't want to sound like I'm holding a grudge, but I am looking forward to losing you, and I won't grieve you at all. Good riddance rotten gallbladder.

Sincerely,
Gina
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Best thing I ever had done was to evict my gall bladder. Just get up and walk around afterward - that bloat is killer.

PS - you will win the farting contests should you enter one after surgery... I'm just saying...

SisterMom said...

Maybe the gallbladder removal will help with weight loss ala my tonselectomy. Best diet I ever did!