Monday, January 26, 2009

Not me! Monday




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not wash my hair, get out of the shower, get dressed, and begin to brush my hair, only to realize that I had not rinsed the shampoo out of my hair.

I did not work an entire 12 hour shift walking funny, feeling a bit "off", thinking my butt had grown substantially overnight, only to realize that I had my underwear on backwards all night! Seriously people, I could not make this stuff up.

I did not hit snooze 3 times this Monday morning before crawling out of bed to make Miss Jaiden finish her homework under threat of severe punishment. And I did not say at least four times, "This had better not EVER happen again."

I did not forget to buy juice boxes for lunches.

And I did not make the kids play rock, paper, scissors to see which one would get the only remaining juice box in their lunch today. Congratulations to Justine!

I did not get just a little itty bit excited at the prospects of the ice storm and snow coming our way this afternoon. And I did not smile the least bit while apologizing to my dear husband for acting so excited about the prospects of the ice storm and snow coming our way since he has to work outside in the ice storm and snow that's coming our way... Sorry honey. I love weather!

I did not jokingly tell my new secretary at work that I was going to jump off the roof during a particularly stressful event last week. And she did not "get" my humor or offer to call security. Sorry Harriett.

Have a great week NOT doing anything. I plan to NOT watch any old episodes of LOST, NOT be obsessed with the weather channel, or pray for school closings!

Photobucket

14 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

THe underwear thing was priceless! Loved it! I have put mine on sideways, but never backwards! Wait. Did I just admit that?!

Julie said...

The underwear thing was hilarious! Great post!

Crazee Juls said...

LOL! That's pretty funny! I love your blog, yellow is one of my favorites..and it makes your bloggy home so cozy!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

Tee Hee....that was sooo funny. Great Not Me's!

Keyona said...

I did the underwear thing a few months ago. Talk about uncomfortable...and depressing! I couldn't believe a butt could grow THAT fast! :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I have never worn mine backwards. But I will admit to inside out. Funny about your secretary...I would have asked can I come too?! :) Have a great week!

Jenny H said...

You make me laugh! Hope you have a great week! Love all your guts!

Kameron said...

I did that with conditioner last week. I usually notice my underwear are on inside out. Most of mine would be way too uncomfortable worn backwards!! HA!

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, love your blog! It's darling and I love your blended family. =0)

Great Not ME's! Can't imagine the backwards underwear. That could NOT have been fun!

Ashly said...

HI! I found your blog on MckMama's blog and I saw your North Point Sermons link below. Do you go there? I work there and of course attend there and we love it! Andy is amazing!

Email me at ashly.tucker@northpoint.org :)

Rebecca said...

OMG!! I didn't wash the conditioner out of my hair one day last week!! Took me a minute...I was standing there thinking "what the hell is all over my comb?!?!" The underwear thing tho...you're on your own with that one....I haven't done that....yet.

Laurel said...

You always give me a good laugh!


:) :) :)

Melissa said...

Underwear...that's what we get for working night shift! I did not pray for school closings either....We are all sooooooooooo exited!! Or, I guess in the NOT ME mode, we are NOT so excited haha. Anyway, I am thrilled all my kiddos are home tomorrow.

Larsons said...

Solution: cut out the crouth! Me