Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why I discipline my children

I have been thinking a lot about discipline lately. (For obvious reasons.) I have been working on my own personal philosophy regarding discipline. I have been evaluating what we do... what works, what doesn't. I think I tend to be a little harder on my kids and expect more out of them, but it's for a purpose.
While watching the Olympics the other day, I realized why discipline is so important to foster self-control.

I bet this guy's mother didn't discipline him at all.

This Cuban Taekwondo Olympian kicked the ref in the face after losing the bronze medal. He is banned from all further competitions. See kids? I'm just saving you from grief later.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Larsons said...

Jesus, Son of God, Son of Man. My hero, savior. Honor your father and mother. Discipline forms great leaders.Rules have a purpose. Responability are part of growing. Resist Reject vs Thy Will Be done.
I'm just ?????? mom

Lisa said...

LOL! I like the way you think Gina! I might be calling you for advice!