Doesn't she look so adorable?
We went back to the eye doctor and got her eyes checked AGAIN. She is officially far-sighted. (At least at this appointment.)
She has severe focusing spasms where her eyes start spasming after attempting to focus for any amount of time.
Hopefully her glasses will reduce how hard she's been working to see.
We are hoping this is the first step of many to make school easier for her.
- frequent loss of place when reading
- confuses similar looking words
- poor reading comprehension
- sloppy handwriting
- failure to recognize to same word in next sentence
- complains of eyes hurting or headaches after reading
- avoidance of close work such as reading
- attention problems
I'm sad to say Jameson has all of these symptoms except the sloppy handwriting.
Oh how that girl loves handwriting.
I am so grateful that we have been put in the path of so many people who knew "so and so" who knew "so and so" etc who have made this journey with Jameson so much easier. Thank you Melissa and Angelique!
For more information on vision related learning problems, go to: