Monday, August 17, 2009

Everywhere I go....

Everywhere I go...

people wanna show...

how to spell their names.

And if they're not writing their own names, they are writing other people's names. I know for a fact that this "Jack" was not actually written in the girls closet by Jack. I smell a fraud here. I found this during a school year Jack wouldn't have done any extra handwriting even if I had paid him. There's no way he would do it for free.

Probably Jaiden.
She always has mothered him.
Dressed him.
Told him what to do.
Cleaned up after him.
And even had to write his name on the wall for him.


This one, on the other hand, I believe is Jack's own handwriting.

Typically my kids begin their wall writing careers when they are around 4 to 5 years of age. This seems to be the time they spend endless amounts of time practicing writing their names, are quite proud of themselves, and are very, very sneaky.

Justine did a great job in multiple book shelves throughout the house, as well as several walls, but this one is my favorite!

The backwards J really dates this work of art. The time analysis definitely places this one in the pre-kindergarten era. Nice shade of purple crayon, don't you think?

We found this one the other day from the nearly 11 year old Ethiopian darling who has been here for 18 months and knows better.

Perhaps she missed the message in orientation to Ellerbeeville that mentioned the age limit for wall writing. She still swears up and down that it wasn't her, although the handwriting analysis says it is.

Initially I was so angry and irritated with her, but then looked around and realized she probably just thought she was supposed to write her graffiti somewhere to fit in with the other kids. Or that's what I keep telling myself. She gets one signature, and she just used it up.

It was probably a poor choice for her to pick my new bedroom furniture.

The first new bedroom furniture I've ever had....

All I can say is thank God for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.


And of course, when we run out of walls, there's always your arm.

If you are very observant, you will notice that there is at least one signature missing. What? You didn't see Miss Jaiden's handwriting anywhere? Well that's because most of those signatures were so large and all over the walls, they required entire paint jobs to cover up. She did a very nice job with her closet door though didn't she?

The scribble marks of this piece definitely date it as well. I would say at least age 3 or so. That was about the time we moved into this new house, and she had it marked within a week.

I think I will just keep all the marks and signatures on the walls to show off to their friends when they get in junior high.

That should be fun enough.

And just the right amount of revenge.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh my. I'm not looking forward to that stage.

Larsons said...

Freedom, Joy and memories and Love. What a beautiful story. mom

Jenny H said...

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

Laurel said...

Too funny!

Our favorite (NOT!) child's signature was when 4 year old Josh (whom we did not know knew how to write his name) took a big black permanent marker and wrote his name on the newly refinished antique desk. Ugh!

mama of 13