Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the old woman in the shoe


There was an old woman who lived in a shoe,

She had so many children she didn't know what to do!

So she gave them some broth without any bread,

And she whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed!

____________________________________________


Is it ironic that this was my favorite nursery rhyme as a child?

I guess I could have predicted my future...

Today was a much better day and perhaps I just needed to whip them all soundly and send them to bed.

In all actuality, I took a bunch of Benadryl and put myself to bed. Dad was in charge of the kids. Yeah Dad!

I am feeling better today!

Not much has been marked off of my frustration list. I still don't have that much needed bunk bed. That basket of socks? Yep... still sitting there. And the stupidest dog in the world? He learned to jump over a 6 foot privacy fence today.

But school was much better. I enjoyed it. The kids enjoyed it. We learned a lot and there was no screaming (from the little blond child) and no crying from the rest of us.

Thank you God!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Larsons said...

WHENEVER I JOURNEY My survival prayer. Send your Spirit to accompany me, So that whenever I journey, I journey with your blessing.Send your Spirit to protect me, So that however I travel, I travel with your peace. Send your Spirit to guide, So that wherever I go I go with your inspiration. Send your Spirit to uplift me, So that whatever I do, I do for your Glory. Amen mom Maybe Jordan and the children say together with mom and dad. I keep this in my bathroom. You are the best woman in the shoe. The seven dwarfs a great game to role play.