Thursday, October 25, 2007

USCIS APPROVAL

As I went out the door to stalk the mailman today, I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I thought, what if we're not approved. I have not only not helped these two children, I have given them false hope, which is worse than no help at all. I said a little prayer and walked to the mailbox. There was no mail. So we got in the car to go to parent teacher conferences. I look over on the console and there's the mail. (Jack was surprising me) The first thing I saw was an envelope from the US Department of Homeland Security. After the feelings I just had about being denied, I was afraid to open it. I said a little prayer and opened it. The first thing I saw was in bold face, capital letters at the top which said "NOTICE OF FAVORABLE DETERMINATION CONCERNING APPLICATION FOR ADVANCE PROCESSING OF ORPHAN PETITION." Uh...what? So I read on and it said It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan orphans as described by section 101... Our advance processing application has been forwarded to the American Consulate or Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Our application has been approved for TWO children. The thing about this that is so amazing is that it took 19 days. We were told it could take 30-90 days, with the usual timeframe of 6-8 weeks. Everything we have done for this adoption has moved ahead without any delays or problems. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you God!
Photobucket

No comments: