Monday, October 22, 2007

Two Week Devotion

began a two week devotion today especially for parents going through the adoption process. I want to share a little of that with you. The scripture for today is "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18. The devotion question is Am I willing to follow God wherever He may lead so that I might more fully know Him and make Him known? This is applicable in every situation, not just adoption. Listening to God's call isn't always easy, comfortable or perhaps in our case even "sane," but it's definitely rewarding and brings you closer to God than you could ever imagine. We are relying on God to bring these children home. I know that whatever we need to do, God will provide. He will provide the ability for us to work more or the funds we need to make this happen. I know that He will provide us with the energy and the stamina to finish this race. I also know that He has changed our lives in that we will continue to feel a need to help others in need. We sing 'Open the eyes of my heart' and that is exactly what God has done for us. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.
Photobucket

No comments: