Thursday, October 18, 2007

Return of the Dossier

I received word today that our dossier has returned from DC. YEAH! Shimellis is leaving on October 22nd to take our dossier to Ethiopia. If it takes 2 days to get there, we will assume it will arrive realistically on the 25th. It takes 1 week to translate the dossier into Amharic. I was told it takes about 17 days to get a court date after translation. That puts our court date at about November the 18th! Can you believe it? That's a month away! We are still realistically looking at traveling the first week of December. That puts our USCIS stuff at 60 days, surely it will be back by then. I have become a mailman stalker. I watch anxiously every day, waiting for his arrival. I run to the mailbox and grab the mail out of his hand and then sort through all the junk mail looking for something from the Department of Homeland Security. I am going to be doing some teaching for the caregivers about the cloth diapers, diaper rash, as well as teaching them about the medications I will be bringing. If anyone find Pedialyte packets on sale at the grocery store, let me know, that is what they really need. I will be taking a suitcase with nothing but meds and stuff for the kids. Also shoes are what they really need, any size. They like crocs and flip flops. I will be working some extras until we go so that I can take as much stuff for those kiddos as is possible. I just can't imagine what I'm going to experience when I get there. It's amazing what God is doing in our hearts and lives. Thanks for keeping up with the blog. It's nice to be able to share all of this with you.
Photobucket

No comments: