Thursday, October 25, 2007

Day 3 Devotion

Sorry I missed a day, I'll explain that later. "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds id dead." James 2:26. The purpose of this devotional was to examine why church is so unfulfilling for so many. God has called us to spend ourselves on behalf of the poor, the oppressed, thr orphan, the widow, the prisoner, and the stranger in the land. People are afraid to look like they're trying to earn their way to heaven, so they fall back and just don't do anything. People turn inward, looking for what the church can do for them instead of looking to see how they can help the least of these. The thought for today is: Are there people around me who are ignored or forgotten that I can love today? Let me know.
Photobucket

No comments: