Saturday, October 13, 2007

feels like home

Well it's beginning to sink in. We are going to be parents again. It's somewhat surreal. This is really going to happen soon. Everything we do is accentuated by the fact that soon, there will be two more people here doing it with us. We downloaded copies to apply for our Ethiopian Visa. Evidently we have to have to be in the country. They're good for 90 days. The kids will have to have a Visa as well. I have read about them, but I don't have that information right in front of me, but there are two different kinds of Visa's for the kids, and IR3 and an IR4? Maybe? Anyway an "IR3 means you're free", while an "IR4 means there's still some more" Our kids will have an IR4 which means our adoption will have to be recognized by a judge in the States. It's just for ceremony and officiality, I think. They will have an IR4 status because we did not see them in person before the adoption took place? I don't know. I will have to do some research. We are also researching flights and travel arrangements. Shimellis said he would book our suite at the Hilton as soon as we have a court date. So that's good. We want to maybe have a 12 hour layover in Paris or somewhere exotic and touristy, but we're not sure if we will have to have a separate VISA to visit a country that is not our destination. If anyone knows anything about international travel, let me know. I'm going to have to do some major research on that subject. With our luck, we'd get stuck somewhere and not make it to Ethiopia. TTYL, Gina
Photobucket

No comments: