Friday, January 15, 2010

Wara and Whara...

Oh today.

Today has been one of those days.

It's one of those days I think Jameson would be better off in special ed at public school than home with me.

It started with a spelling test.

Were and Where.

She's studied them for... oh... 2 years now.

Wrote them, said them, spelled them, repeat. repeat. repeat....

Close the book. Take the test.

Wara and Whara...

Really?

5 minutes and you can't remember how to spell 2 words?

I give up.

Dear God,

Only You truly know the full extent of my frustration. Only You know the gravity of the situation I find myself in today. Only You know my failure. Only You know my heart. Only You know my intentions. Only You know the answers. Guide me in what to do with her. Guide me in knowing what's best for her and for me.

Because I'm spent. My patience is gone. I am at a loss.

1 Thessalonians 5:14

"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone."

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry girl,,, keep on keepin' on! ((hugs))

Shonya said...

I don't usually comment on your blog much, though I love to read it! :) But I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I read your previous post this morning about the struggles your daughter has. I just want to drop you a note of encouragement. You know that the love you are giving her is more important than those spelling words, I'm just reminding you. And I was especially blessed by this blog yesterday--thought it might encourage you today as well:
http://theforestroom.blogspot.com/2010/01/bit-by-bit.html#comments