Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wanderlust

I wanna go somewhere. I wanna get away. I need an adventure. I need to get away.

I definitely have wanderlust.

I spent hours the other night on the internet looking at cruises, cheap airfare, even outlandish extravagant trips. A 3 day cruise? Is that really even worth it? A weekend in Branson? Again? Really?

I know that things are just really stressful around here... taking Jameson to IM therapy 3 times a week, in the middle of our homeschool day, is disrupting everyone and everything. Only our third week back to school, and we're already behind. GREAT!

I feel bad for wanting to run away... but it doesn't make me want to run away any less.

I looked at the Treehouses in Eureka Springs... but they're booked.

Cheap trip to Chicago? Jordan has finals and wouldn't have time to see us.

But where to go? When to find the time?

How in the world to finance the adventure?


Our 12th Anniversary is right around the corner... maybe I'll spring us from the daily grind and surprise hubby with a trip.

In the meantime, I can just pray for the snow to fall tomorrow to keep my mind off how I wish I was somewhere else...

Maybe I'll relocate to an igloo for awhile.

Photobucket

4 comments:

nunya said...

I feel your pain. I no longer have babysitting options, so we either have to take the girls with us or wait until they're old enough to leave alone (which could easily spark a few TIA's if I think about that too long...)

I hope you're able to go somewhere, though. That lull after Christmas and before Spring Break is the hardest, I think. I get like this every year around this time.

Melissa said...

Gina,
I surprised Bryan with a Disney cruise. Yes, it's just a three night, but three nights is THREE NIGHTS!!!! LOL So we leave on March 3 and get bak on the 7th. I'm pretty nervous seeing as how we haven't both left them for even 24 hours. Seperately we've been gone for longer than that, but not together. Anyway, I'm thrilled and know it's going to be a ton of fun. We got the cruise for just under $600. It was about $350 for the flights and another $100 for the hotel the night before cruise leaves. I think you should do it!!! Of course, if you aren't Disney freaks like we are, you could always go on another cruise line, and they do have longer than 3 nights, but I just couldn't do longer than that.

Melissa said...

I meant to say just under $700 (sorry about that)

Jeanie said...

Thanks for the info on the Treehouses. Never knew such a thing existed... I have a note that we should go there - I just don't know when that will be.