Monday, September 01, 2008

God is in the details

As we have been reminded multiple times in the past year, God is in the details. Our best friends the Simonson's, who I've mentioned before... (they met our kids before we did, while they were in Ethiopia getting their baby girl last June), introduced us to a lovely young lady named Amanda several months ago. Amanda is 16 and is the girlfriend of their 18 year old son Josh. She is biracial and is absolutely beautiful, but more than that, she is a genuine and wonderful mentor to our daughters. We have enjoyed getting to know her, and feel she is a part of our extended family... the Simonson's. Today we went to a Labor Day BBQ at Tim and Julie's house and Amanda's parents were there. As soon as I saw them, it all came together. I had met Amanda as a baby. We went to church with her family when the Landolt's adopted Amanda 16 years ago. I can remember going to their house to meet her when she was a baby. I can remember thinking how wonderful her adoption was, and how it inspired me years later to adopt. God is so in the details.
Photobucket

No comments: