Monday, September 22, 2008

God cracks me up...

As you may know, we all had a mini melt down this morning about not getting everything done that we need to get done because we are forever running all over God's green earth. This morning, it all hit the fan and it was one of those, "somethings gotta give" moments. Jeff and I had words... there was something said about "there's the door"... I won't go into any details. (Some people yell, some people throw things... we occasionally do both) Let's just say that it was a very stressful weekend involving only about 10 hours of sleep for me from Thursday to Sunday night. I had to go to the hospital to have some blood drawn today (it involves the sudden increase in facial fair... which I won't go into...eewww gross) and I of course had to take Josh and Jameson because today was "supposed" to be a homeschool day... therefore they learned about hospitals, PPO's, bureaucracy and waiting rooms. As I sat there getting irritated because:

I HAVE THINGS TO DO PEOPLE.
DO NOT MAKE ME SIT HERE AND WAIT ON SOMETHING SO SIMPLE AS A LAB DRAW.
I COULD DO THIS MYSELF!!!!

I picked up a focus on the family magazine in the waiting room and the page opened up to this article: "Busy, busy, busy. Five simple rules for reclaiming your schedule."

How ironic is that? God cracks me up.
So I stole the magazine... (oh come on people, I work there... I can always take it back later) (Like none of you have ever picked up a magazine from a doctor's office)
Anyway, here's what it said:
1) Learn to say no.
2) Promise little, if anything at all.
3) Set boundaries on your time.
4) Don't feel pressured to respond immediately.
5) Give yourself permission to complete tasks imperfectly.

What I gained from this day (other than the magazine):
"Too often, people live by accident, following whatever opportunities or requests cross their paths." Wow, what a pearl! I am definitely going to try to incorporate some if not all of these tips!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You STOLE a magazine? Tsk, tsk. First you let Justine ride into a brick wall and now this.....I just don't know.

Jeanie said...

Jacob was happy to tell all in hearing range that I, too, have taken a magazine. I was not going to take it back. It was a Family Fun magazine that had Halloween treats. Sorry. I hate it that you have made me confess. Glad the Statute of Limitations has run out!!!!!

Chris said...

OMG I would never steel a magazine :))))) You are too funny . I love reading your blog it always make me smile.
Ok I stooled a lot of magazines and pens . I love the dr office pens.:))))
With my health ins. sux so bad so the price I pay each visit . Well they can just buy more. :)

Melissa said...

Glad to know I'm not the only magazine stealing thief from doctor's offices LOL!

Jenny H said...

GO Dobson......