Friday, September 05, 2008

Garage Sale Confusion

We're having a garage sale today and tomorrow. (I know I just didn't have enough to do.) In all actuality, I have no more space left in my house, and something must be done with the clutter. I swore myself off any more garage sales after the last one, but things have accumulated and I thought maybe we could make a buck or two. And we have furniture to sell, therefore making it a little more difficult to just take to Goodwill.
As we were explaining the term "garage sale" to Josh and Jameson, they looked somewhat confused. Then as they came out into the garage this morning, you could see the explanation wasn't enough. Jameson would ask how much something cost and then what we were selling it for. She said, as if trying to understand the concept, "You buy and then sell it for less?" EXACTLY. By george she's got it. Josh wanted to know just for how long were we going to do this? TWO days thank goodness. I've been up since 4am. I'm ready to take it to Goodwill right now!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the garage sale. I positively hate them....Dave made me have one earlier this summer....it was awful!!!
P.S. What are you drinking/eating before bed? Poison darts? Good Lord woman!! :)

Denise said...

ours is next weekend- I was just thinking today how we were possibly going to explain this to the boys... good luck and hope you make a buck and get rid of even more...
Denise Thompson