Thursday, February 12, 2009

TV, the solar system, and nachos


How's it going... you ask? Well let's just say, I've lost track of how many days we have gone without TV. To be perfectly honest, it's not as much fun as it was a few days ago. To be really, really honest, I miss Lost. I miss Idol. I watched Grey's Anatomy on tiVo.
On a positive note, we seem to be getting used to it. There isn't any begging or crying. Bedtime has gotten a lot easier. It has been a really good thing.
On the negative side, Justine has been really, really sick, and it's difficult to not let her lay on the couch and watch movies, which is what she wants to do. I let her watch Sesame Street in my bed yesterday.
Oh yeah, I forgot, I did give in and let them watch an Earth Science educational video, but hey, they can all name the names of the planets in order...

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos...

Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune

That seems worth a little bit of TV time... right?
Photobucket

3 comments:

Chris said...

wow . I am french and didn't know that . My very........ nachos. Did you make it up or its been around for a while :)
Poor Justine, hope that she feels better and I hear you about watching tv when you are sick. Just let her watch tv poor thing . Hugg her for me.

Sandee said...

I guess going without tv will make the educational programs that much more enticing too! A side benefit.

We have not had "T.V." (channels) for 5 years now. It becomes a way of life. We do have video's and movies though. I don't let the kids watch on school nights, so Friday night movie night is a treat.

Nichole said...

sniff sniff... they already have new acronyms without Pluto. I miss Pluto.