Monday, February 02, 2009

Not me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I so totally did not post my Not Me! Monday post at almost 5 pm on Monday, nearly completely missing the entire day and probably being last on MckMama's blog list.

I did not ask a very pregnant, very Pentecostal, very skirt wearing, Romanian woman at work, "How are things going down there?" There was also a hand gesture that I most certainly did not do.

She did not look at me with an astonished look on her face, jaw agape, and then she did not turn and walk away. Evidently we are not as good of friends as I thought we were.

I did not go on and on about a strangers hair style and then make her wait until I could find my cell phone to take a picture. And I definitely did not make her turn around and around until I got the picture I wanted. Nope. That's embarrassing and not something I would ever do.

I did not jump on a blow up sled with my husband and go 100 miles an hour, approximately a quarter of a mile down a hill, nearly leveling several small children on my way. I would never be so irresponsible. And I did not almost have a stroke walking back up that quarter of a mile hill... several times.

I was not the one who dropped off kids in the car pool lane this morning in the car that was making the most God awful noise. It was a combination of nails on a chalkboard and a blender full of metal. And not one single person stopped and stared at me as I tried to get the kids to jump out of the car while it was moving so that I wouldn't have to push on the brakes one more time.

I definitely did not text my husband after the above horrifying situation and tell him that I was not going to drive that car one more place until we got the brakes fixed. I also did not try to imitate the noise the car was making for my husband, and I most certainly did not do the same for the service guy. Neither one of them looked at me like I was crazy.

I did not tell Jordan that we had spent her college money to buy a new car when I showed up in a new rental Expedition. And she did not believe me. Nope, she's not that gullible.

I did not scream at the television during the Superbowl, eat too much, or have maybe one margarita too many. I did not toss and turn and wake up feeling horrible and think I had the flu until my husband reminded me about the first margarita I've had in years. UGH!

And I most definitely did not fill out my daughter's FAFSA forms for financial aid for college 45 minutes before the deadline, right after the margarita I most definitely did not consume at our Superbowl party. I would never do that, and I would NEVER admit it on a public blog where others are sure to judge me.

I totally did not stress all week about not having anything interesting for my Not Me! Monday post.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sandee said...

and you did not make me smile! :) (oops, I lied). I have been so sad today, so tired of waiting, so tired of no news, or communication and the song on your blog, broken road, I think, tears. I so am not in tears. :)