Monday, April 21, 2008

Nightmare on Wilderness Street...

I know I shouldn't even be documenting this anywhere. I should leave behind absolutely no proof of this anywhere... but I'm a blogger at heart. I have to share. Saturday we saw someone flying a kite and Jameson got so excited. She said, "We go up with kite?" Wanting them to experience flying a kite for the first time, we ran right out and bought everyone new kites and began the "how to fly a kite" process. The weather was just perfect. Jeff was cleaning the garage and I was working in the backyard. (They were under his direct supervision... I'm not placing blame; it would have happened if I had been out there too. This part just comes into the story later.)
We found Justine screaming in the front yard with kite string wrapped around her neck. Justine, Josh and Jack all ran in together and came out with Justine looking like a tuna caught in a net. We had to cut the string off her neck. The results were devastating. Her neck looks like someone tried to slit her throat. If she were a movie, I would be hiding my face in my hands. Freddy Krueger would be proud. All she needs is a bolt in her head...

As we were trying to figure out what happened, I felt horrible. Jack said, "Yeah, that really makes you look like a bad parent." I guess he could sense that I was on the edge because he then said, "No just joking." Then really, really quietly, under his breath, in a barely audible tone, he says, "Actually it makes him look like a bad parent." UGH!

No comments: