Thursday, April 24, 2008

My new favorite song

I heard this song on the Christian radio station during my carpool extravaganza the other day, and immediately felt like they were singing to me.
Before you get the straight jacket and anti-depressants, let me explain... there have been many times during the past few months where I have felt so overwhelmed and under prepared for what God has given me.
When I played this for Jordan, she had this horrified look on her face like I was going to go postal soon. What I tried to explain to her is that I have been trying to do all of this on my own. I haven't had time for my daily walk with God for the last several months... I haven't made time. I thought cleaning and running kids was so much more important than taking care of myself. And this song has reminded me that only God can rescue me when I feel overwhelmed. The lyrics are here, or you can hear the song here.

Lyrics - ‘Rescue’ – Seabird

I’m pushing up daisies, I wish they were roses
I feel like I’m drowning, but nobody knows it
I’m pushing up daisies, I wish they were roses
I feel like I’m dying, just want you to notice
Somehow the grave has captured me
Shown me the man I used to be
Just when I feel my breath is running out ...
The earth moves and You find me
Alive but unworthy
Broken and empty, but You don’t care
'Cause You are my rapture, You are my Savior
When all my hope is gone, I reach for You
You are my rescue
I’m swimming to safety, but even with my best
If I don’t see that rope soon, this might be my last breath
Don’t let me drown
Can You hear me cause I am calling out?
I’m underground, would You pull me out?

No comments: