Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dishwashing Drama....

I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats wondering what has became of the MOUNTAIN of dishes I have accumulated this week because I REFUSE to do dishes by hand, have not taken the advice of so-called EXPERTS and rushed right out to buy a new major appliance, and have not been able to find ANYONE who needs $52.50 for a service call. (Is this part of Bush's stimulus package? Don't go to work; just tell people to rush out and buy new major appliances?)

So back to my drama. I asked my dad to come over and take a look because he's always taking crap apart at their house, and I assume it gets put back together correctly... so he comes over... STARTS the dishwasher a couple of times, gets tired of waiting for it and goes home.

Jeff calls me at swimming lessons (the kids not mine) and asks me,
"Did you fix the dishwasher?"
"Yes, and I also grew a mullet, lost some teeth, lost about 50 IQ points, and the ability to speak proper English. I took over Billy Bob's job."
"Honey, really. It's running..."

Sure enough when I got home, the son of a gun was working. There was something jammed in the drain (just as I had mentioned to Billy Bob the repairman) and my dad wiggled and jiggled and clicked his heels together 3 times, and TA DAH it worked! There was probably food or playdoh or a Barbie head stuck in the drain... who knows. The wonderful news is that I am doing dishes again, and I will never take you for granted again wonderful Whirlpool Gold dishwasher.

No comments: