Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I'm an Aunt again! (among other things)

Well I became an aunt again this week. And a sister and a sister-in-law. We met the family who adopted our kids cousins. Susan and I had been talking and emailing for a few weeks. I have to tell you, I felt an immediate connection with her.

Josh and Jameson's cousins Kalkidon and Hoptommo now live in Louisville. We drove to St. Louis to meet them on Sunday at the zoo. While we were waiting for them to get there, we watched the front gate with much anticipation. Jaiden asked me, "How will we know who they are?" I replied, "Well, they will be a family with light skinned parents and some dark skinned kids." And her reply is what makes me love her so much..."Mom, I've seen a million of those."

Waiting for our new family members to get to the zoo....


Hoptommo wouldn't let go of Josh's hand for the first several hours. Hoptommo said, "Josh. I like that name. That's a good name. You can call me Tommy."
This was news to his parents. He hadn't wanted to change his name up to that point...unless they changed it to Mickey Mouse.

Jameson and Kalkidon giggled and giggled, and giggled some more.
A picture of all 4 of the kids to send to grandma. Don't they look so happy? We were so worried about what would happen when they had to say goodbye. We made a plan to just say it and then go our separate ways. They totally did fine with it. There were no tears, no whining, no pouting at all. We had a great time, and we can't wait to see them again.
I feel like we've gained 7 new family members, and we look forward to getting to know them even better.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Does that make me a new grandma? Kinda sorta? Can I be?