Friday, November 02, 2007

Packing Already?

I am beginning to buy stuff for our trip to Africa. I have made an extensive packing list on Excel and I am still working on it. Yesterday I bought a little document holder thing for our passports, VISAs and yellow fever cards. I also bought a new, smaller accordion folder to take all the paperwork we need to take with us. I bought all of us fleece travel blankets to pack in our carry on bags. Merkeb and Filemon's are nicer, fluffier and cuter though. I bought crayons and journals for their backpacks. I have been making a list of things to take to the kids at the orphanage. Jeff is getting a lot of deflated soccer balls from Jeff at Play it Again Sports to take. (We're taking a hand pump and needles to blow them back up) I also thought bubbles would be fun for them, paper, pencils, crayons and color books, baby dolls?, card games. They can't get batteries, so if has to be good old fashioned toys (I like it better that way anyway). Jordan wants to make them foxtails to play with (with a baseball and some nylon fabric) Plus the diapers, and meds. It's getting to the point where it feels real. We are really going to be going soon. Perhaps in as little as 1 month. I was hoping we would have heard from Shimellis by now about how things are going, when our court date might be...God tells me to be patient.
Photobucket

No comments: