Monday, November 12, 2007

Ivan and Eugenia

Those of you who know me well know that several years ago I wanted to adopt 2 children from Russia. You will remember months of me whining about Ivan and Eugenia. It wasn't in God's plan for us to adopt them then. We didn't have the money, we weren't ready...But I have never forgotten Ivan and Eugenia from Russia. I continue to pray for them all these years later, that they found a home and are OK. I guess my point is twofold: Sometimes what God has planned for us is not what we hope at the time. I prayed and prayed and prayed for Ivan and Eugenia, but it wasn't meant to be, even though I thought it was. My other point is that even with all of my whining about papers and school and illness (blah blah blah), this is absolutely my dream come true. I have wanted this for as long as I can remember, and it's finally coming true. I'm in heaven!
Photobucket

No comments: