Monday, March 02, 2009

Did you see...?

Did you see our ticker at the top?

We made it one month without TV. I won't say that they were completely sans TV, as they were allowed to watch a few movies. But I can honestly say there has been no Hannah Montana, ICarly, or stupid mindless cartoons in this house for the past month! I can't believe it. I'm not even sure they miss it that much. They have been playing and entertaining themselves very well. I must say there has been probably a little more squabbling from time to time... but I believe that's because they're not in a coma in front of the TV. They are interacting and playing together, which in a family this size, always leads to a few squabbles.

We have informed everyone that even though the actual month of no TV is over, we fully intend on keeping things the same. A few movies here and there. Perhaps an educational show or two.... I mean thank God Jack watched all those science shows or I would have burned down my kitchen in the grease fire of 2009. But as for the mindless dribble, we are done, and are delighted to have detox'd our kids in our television rehab program.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yea! So proud of you!

We turned off our t.v. (except for the occasional movie) 18 years ago, and couldn't be happier. We're so busy, that I can't figure out how we ever had time for it.

Blessings,

Laurel :)

Kristine said...

Great job!!