Monday, March 02, 2009

Another great idea... stolen by me

So, I wish this one were actually mine, but I found this idea on the Better Homes and Gardens website about organizing your pantry by zones. We actually have two huge pantries (due to the huge amount of food these dang growing kids are eating,) but somehow they always end up disorganized (from those dang growing kids rummaging for snacks like bears at a picnic... but I digress...)

One of my major malfunctions as a mother has always been meal planning. I hate doing it. I hate thinking about it. I am horrible at it. (I know several of you who assumed I was perfect are absolutely gasping for breath, mouth agape in front of your computer as you read this information, but it's true!)
I just want everything to show up already made... like a pizza.

With our new committment to cut our groceries through the Angel Food Network, I absolutely love this idea of putting everything non-perishable into a basket or container that you would need for one meal. The baskets are then placed into the beautifully, organized pantry with labels attached for what day they are to be used. They suggested that you put the recipe in the basket as well. There's no thought involved at the end of the day. You just grab the basket and take off cooking a wonderful, delicious meal for your ever appreciative subjects.


Do you love it?
I especially love the wire baskets.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sandee said...

wow. what a novel idea....but then I guess I would still have to plan what goes in the basket...uh...and take the time to cook it! sigh...but I like the idea.

Rebecca said...

Holy crap...are those baskets actually full of food for just one meal? Remind me of that the next time I tell Dave that I want 6 kids.....