Monday, March 02, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My husband definitely did not announce to an entire group of soccer parents at the soccer banquet that we were going to Branson for our anniversary and that we were going to watch "adult" movies. I did not want to crawl under the table as I tried to explain that "adult" movies meant movies with a plot and no animation.

Jeff did not tell me that no one even thought anything about it.

And Saturday at the soccer game, the first parent that we saw did not say with a wink and a weird look, "Hey tonight's adult movie night, isn't it?"

I did not want to die!

I did not finally get to meet Roger and Abby, whose blog I have stalked for quite some time. I never sent them threatening messages about needing this awesome T shirt. I was not one bit jealous that they came up with the idea before me: The shirt means it is 7,990 miles from Springfield, Missouri to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

I did not buy 8 of these wonderful T shirts, the profits of which are going directly to the purchase of formula for Hope Children's Home in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

I did not go shopping or spend way too much money shopping all over The Landing as well as the Outlet Mall in Branson.

Jeff and I did not share this beautiful FRIED brownie with ice cream and whipped cream. Who knew they could do this do a brownie?

I did not eavesdrop on conversations in the restaurant or take a picture of these four friends who found each other on Facebook and met for lunch. I told you Facebook is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Jeff and I did not play hangman on the table at the restaurant because we did not miss the kids at all during our day away.

Jeff and I did not celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary in this beautiful condo in the Ozark Mountains.

This was not the view from the jacuzzi tub, and I did not sit in that tub for hours.

And this was not the view from the king size bed which definitely did not have a down comforter which was to die for.

Jeff and I definitely did not enjoy watching the snow fall and enjoying each other's peace and quiet.... even if just for a day.

Have a wonderful week doing nothing.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mama Melissa said...

happy, happy anniversary!!!

sounds like you did *not* have a fantastic time!! ;-)

melissa

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful anniversary to me. I just started up on Facebook a few days ago and am learning that it is addictive. Great not-me's!

Happy Monday!