Thursday, October 09, 2008

That's not exactly what I meant...

Well I have been 37 for less than a week now, and it is already my least favorite year so far. Sunday was actually my birthday and I started out right around midnight getting in a fight with a respiratory therapist at work who was verbally abusive to my staff. He was horrible. Yelling and screaming at us. Stalking me around the unit to yell at me some more. I don't consider myself to be confrontational. Evidently I am. and aggressive.
As if that wasn't enough, I worked several extra shifts this week, which makes me grumpy anyway due to lack of sleep.
Yesterday on my way home from the carpool frenzy, I blew out a tire.
Today as we were delivering poo samples and dropping books off at the library, every light on the dash lit up and alarms started saying, "engine failure, service needed soon, door ajar, hot, hot, hot, danger Will Rogers..." I smelled something burning and the car seemed like it was going to implode. The car had overheated.
Once I finally made it home, I opened up the mail and found a cell phone bill for $506.65. The horizon began to shrink, the world began to rotate slightly, I was dizzy, everything around me seemed to slow down and I felt almost as if I were having an out of body experience.
I felt as if I was going to blow.
On the way to Jack's birthday party, I called Sprint. I was on hold for over 20 minutes. Evidently I am aggressive. I don't even know what I told the Sprint guy except that I was yelling, threatening and I mentioned that I felt like the top of my head was going to blow off.
I'm not sure what that guy thought that meant, but he totally and completely freaked out. He started saying, "Oh ma'am, don't do that. It's not worth it. I'll get it fixed. Can I call someone for you?" I was like, "Sprint dude, I didn't say I was going to blow the top of my head off. I meant it felt like it was going to happen naturally."
Evidently it works to be aggressive and overly emotional, he took over $400 off my bill.
I'm so afraid of what tomorrow holds for me.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Kristine said...

Yeah, 37 stinks!!!!
Hope tomorrow is better for ya. Miss you guys, when u coming back to St Lou?

Kristine

Nichole said...

You should try being 28 forever. My Mom thinks its the best idea ever, and in a few more birthdays I may try the 28 forever method.

Jeanie said...

Thank God I'm not crazy. That is how I feel on those downward spirals... You are not alone!

Linda said...

Don't be afraid, remember the roller coaster!! It is so very worth it all. (Especially when you get GREAT grandkids out of it!) Mom E

Lisa said...

Geeez,,,not good but at least you got the phone bill down! I think 37 has been the ONLY good year for me...there is hope!

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness.... I am so sorry! That poor Sprint guy too.. You scared the stuffing out of him... I hope all ends up costing less than you thought. As for Mr. Cranky pants, well may he spill his drink all over himself...It is wrong, I know it is wrong. I don't want harm, but a wet icky feeling and no change of clothes. I am ok with that. OHH and sticky. Let's make it a sticky drink. Rhonda

A brief bio: said...

What a day! Crystal

Rebecca said...

Holy crap...freaking out the Sprint guy...I think Justine better come live with us....

Laurel said...

Too funny about the Sprint guy. Maybe I should try that with some of my bills.

As for 37 ... I can't even remember, it was so long ago (or, maybe it's just the alzheimers setting in now that I'm a whopping 46). You are still YOUNG ... very, very YOUNG. I had 2 babies after 37, and adopted 3 after I was 46. Yes ... you are young ... I am not old.

blessings,
Laurel
mama of 13