Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Self Help Section

Yesterday I went to Borders and perused the self help section. I had successfully weaned myself off the self help books some time ago. A few years ago, I realized I ONLY read self help books. I never read for fun. I never read for entertainment. I never even read to learn something. I only read to solve my issues. I have to say I fell off the wagon yesterday and spent a great deal of time in the self help section.

I stood in Borders Bookstore absolutely cracking myself up. Here are some of the titles I was most interested in.

Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness - this one wasn't for me, but I will let you guess who it is for.
7 Habits of Highly Effective People - I checked this out from the library one time and couldn't get it together enough to actually read it . So much for being highly effective.
The Anger Workbook for Women - this is just too self explanatory.
The New Dare to Discipline - I dare you to dare me. You have no idea.
You Mean I'm not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy? - Really? This should be a family read.
Overcoming Compulsive Hoarding - I just want to know how to do it; it sounds fun.
You Can Only Achieve What is Possible - Great. Now you tell me...
Please, Listen to Me! - Again, self explanatory.
Overcoming Paranoid and Suspicious Thoughts - Ha Ha Ha Ha
OCD Meditation Book - OK so I would obsess over the book then.
What To Say When You Talk To Yourself - I can't believe I never found this book before.
A Setback is a Setup for a Comeback - Thank goodness.
Saddle Your Own White Horse - Does it come with the white horse?
Taming the Beast Within - Once again, ha ha ha. I totally need this book.
2,002 Ways to Cheer Yourself Up - Only 2,002?
Don't Shoot The Dog! - This one I am actually considering buying.

I wonder if they have a book for self help book addicts?
I'm going back to my vampire smut. Screw the self help books.
Photobucket

No comments: