Friday, July 03, 2009

My boy


I don't know how it happened. I'm not even sure when it happened. But when I look at this boy, there is absolutely nothing in my heart that holds me back. There is nothing that separates me from him. I look at him and I can almost imagine him as a baby... my baby. I can almost insert memories of him as a tiny child that I know aren't mine, but could be if I concentrated hard enough. I can't imagine a time when he wasn't here. I can't even fathom what it would be like for him to not be here. I prayed for this moment, thinking it would be like this huge celestial happening where the angels would begin singing and the earth would stop rotating, but instead it was a slow and steady process where both of us got over our hang ups, our hearts softened, and we bonded. Adopting older children is a crazy, wild, roller coaster of emotions for the kids as well as the parents, and the payoff is absolutely amazing.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Chris said...

WOW !
What a beautiful post Gina !
You are a locky mom and he is a very lucky boy to have you as a mom :)
Hugs

Julie said...

Your not supposed to make me cry darn it! That was beautiful and I know it wasn't an easy road. It warms my heart to hear that this moment has come. It's been encouraging to read your stories along our journey. I hope you know how much they've helped me.

Laurel said...

Yea! So happy for you. I think we were almost there ... when our crisis hit. Now, I don't know if we'll ever get it back.

mama of 13

Larsons said...

You never seiges to amaze me. How richly blessed you both are. There are those unknown we celebrate.
I am sure the Mother of God felt this many time here on earth. And Joseph Jesus adopted father. Relationships have a little mystery. Love, mom

Donna said...

Congratulations--It seemed to take a while for us too, but oh so worth the effort.
Delight in Him
Donna

Mama Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, I love this. :) LOVE IT.

Melissa