Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do you think about me?

Jordan sent me this poem yesterday from Leadership Academy camp.
I don't know who the author is.
It was written as a slam poem in a program for inner city kids.
I just love it and wanted to share it with you.
Does anyone ever remember feeling this way?

Yesterday you asked me if I think about you during the day
In class or on the bus
Do I ever wonder who you're with or what you're doing or what you're thinking about
I'm in math class right now, and I'm thinking about you like crazy
Like hands think about holding
and arms think about folding
and minds think about not thinking but knowing
I'm thinking about you like feet think about socks
and socks think about shoes
I'm thinking about you like rock and metal think about screaming
like blues thinks about rhythm
like hip hop thinks about hoes
like gardeners think about hoes
I’m thinking about you like tops think about spinning
And rocks think about sitting
And cops think about arresting people
I’m thinking about you like people think about the clock five minutes before a shift ends
I’m thinking about you like a thinks about being with c like b thinks about seeing d
Like e fing g like h l n j
I’m thinking about you like white and black think about making gray on a paint palette
Like night thinks about making day in the morning
Like rain clouds think about pouring
I’m thinking about you like math analysis thinks about being boring
Cause seriously any class this boring has had to take some serious thought
I’m thinking about you like the last problem on this math quiz
I’m thinking about you like bugs think about grass
Like thugs think about grass
Like students think about class
Like ladies think about class
Like lower middle class people think about flying first class to places they only think about like New Zealand or France
I’m thinking about you like pilots think about the horizon
Like the clouds think about the wind
And the wind thinks about the trees
Like teenage boys think about the birds and the bees
And the bees think about serving the queen
And making honey
And honey I’m thinking about you like crazy
Like mattresses think about springs
And winter thinks about spring, who thinks about summer
And it doesn’t matter what season it is when I’m thinking about you
It’s always sunny like rainbows and bunnies
And I’m thinking about you like rich people think about making money
And broke people think about making money
And when I think about you the world makes sense
Let me go change
I’m thinking about you when I get dressed
Because I step on stage
When I look at myself in the mirror you’re the only one I’m trying to impress
I’m thinking about you like boats think about floating
And paddles think about rowing
And poets think about flowing
I’m thinking about you like bankers think about loaning
And renters think about owning
And stoners think about throwing rocks
I’m thinking about you like keyboards think about keys
And keys think about unlocking locks
Like Goldie locks still thinks about bears
Like bears think about being cool
I’m thinking about you like refrigerators think about being cool
And microwaves think about being hot
Like kids think about breaking rules
Like targets think about getting shot
I’m in math class right now not trying to get you off my mind
Just simply off the sine cosine and tangent lines I’m graphing
I’m thinking about you like numbers think about adding
Like cripples think about standing
And I’m thinking about standing up and walking out
I’ll say I have to go to the bathroom or something
And I can find out exactly who you’re with and what you’re doing and what you’re thinking about
But I think you’re in class right now, too
So I’ll text you
I’m thinking about you
Send
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristine said...

ah, to be a teen in love!

My fave line: like hiphop thinks about hoes.
romantic! :)

Larsons said...

AWESOME!NANNY