Friday, February 29, 2008

Rite of Passage

We have had a rule with all of the girls that they may get their ears pierced after they turn 5. I'm not sure why 12 years ago, I thought 5 was the magical number; it seems awfully young now, but it has become a rite of passage.
So last month when Justine asked me if she could get her ears pierced, I said "Not until you're 5."
Justine, "Mom, I am 5."
Mom, "Really?"

BEFORE
Doesn't she look so happy? Like she has no idea what's about to happen.

AFTER
She had two crocodile tears with no noise.
Mom, "You were so brave."
Justine, "I was so brave until I cried."

Video of DURING. Caution to easily woozy readers or those opposed to child torture... This hurts my heart to watch.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, she did way better than my 5 year old. You can read all about our recent adventure here:

http://desertdiva.typepad.com/desert_diva/2007/11/starting-with-t.html