Friday, February 29, 2008

Discovering at the Discovery Center






Jameson, Joshua, Justine and I went to the Discovery Center this week. We had a great time playing and experimenting. Justine was able to light a light bulb with her nose while touching the big electrical ball thing. Jameson and Joshua enjoyed digging for dinosaur bones. We had so much fun. It's awesome to see their faces light up when they see things for the first time. We happened to be there when they were doing a presentation for Children's Dental Health Month. I thought what the heck, we need all the educating about stuff like that we can get. The kids got to see a presentation about taking care of their teeth, and even received a bag of goodies with a new toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss. When the presentation was over, and the lady had shown them a model with a mouth full of rotten teeth, Justine broke down into tears and said, "I just want to go home to brush my teeth. Take me home... sob, sob, sob." She was really convicted by the presentation. I should take her there for all of the hygeine presentations. I wonder if they have one about washing your hair with shampoo instead of just getting it wet and calling it good?

No comments: