Friday, September 10, 2010

I feel better now...

Jeff and I declared today as a homework free day. We packed up the kids and went to the Japanese Fall Festival instead. Granted, we were eaten alive by mosquitos, but we had a great time.

It was so nice to not be fighting with Jameson about homework or *everything* else for that matter. It was so nice to just be laughing and enjoying each other.

I emailed Jameson's counselor and teacher this morning. If you think I verbally vomited on you guys this morning, then I projectile vomited all over them.

When I wrongly said Jameson was being evaluated for special ed, the counselor corrected me by saying she was "being considered for a special ed evaluation...." Well exxxxxcuse me.

Jesus.

What else does the kid need to do to get a special ed eval? So she's being considered for an eval. Whatever the #$%& that means. So they have 30 days to decide whether the child who can barely read and is dyslexic will even qualify for an eval. Whatever.

But the teacher was awesome. We worked out a plan for her to send Jameson's spelling words home on Fridays instead of Mondays so we can work on a plan set up by the vision therapist (I'll get to that on another post). She said she was totally able to modify what she's doing in the classroom and that we would come up with a solution that would work for Jameson.

I feel so much better knowing that at least the teacher is on board. She even said she knew this was so tough for all of us and that it would be OK.

Now, this being said, does not excuse Jameson from the lying, hiding, fighting and overall BADNESS she has been displaying to us (well to me...), but hopefully when she feels less stress at school and during the post school homework period (I prefer to call it "torture with mom" time), her behavior will also improve.

It had better.

Or I will freak.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Renee said...

I feel like I can't read without saying SOMEthing, even though I have no wise words. I will just say that:

1. I am glad to see you blogging again. Your blog was always one of my favorites.

2. I am sorry about all the crap. I am glad that at least the teacher seems to care.

3. I really hope things start looking up for you soon. Thanks for sharing so openly.