Monday, September 13, 2010

I choose to laugh

Our lives in the spring and fall revolve around soccer. It's kinda like being married to a farmer who's out plowing in the fields during harvest and seed time. I'm sure farmer's wives don't see their husbands much during "farm" time. I don't know. I just made that up. I've never even been to a farm.

But I do often refer to myself a soccer widow. I often refer to myself in the third person, but that's yet another story. Anyway, we are making the 30+ minute trip to the north side 4 days a week for 8 different practices, games all day on Saturday and a 3 hour trip to Kansas City every Sunday.

Tonight, we were basically stuck on the north side all evening; between dropping Jack off at soccer and taking Josh back for a soccer game, we had some time to spare and a hunger in our bellies. So we went to a hole in the wall Chinese food buffet. Luckily we were the ONLY people there.

Imagine my surprise when I looked over to see Jameson basically laying on the buffet. Instead of WALKING around to the other side to get what she wanted, she crawled underneath the glass awning meant to prevent people from contaminating the food, just so that she could reach those delicious little fried balls with sugar on them; you know the ones I'm talking about.

We all just burst out laughing. Because at this point, what else can you do? I could get all crazy and ballistic about it. I could give a lecture about public health policy and how many violations she just made. I could get down and beat myself up about failing as a mother. AGAIN.

Instead, I just laughed like a hysterical crazy person who needs to be committed.

Photobucket

No comments: