Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Karate Kid

OK. So actually it's Taekwondo. But whatever.

Jus has been begging for Karate class since last year (around the time the bully appeared... a post for another day). She has been so patient while we've taken everyone else to and from soccer practice, to and from football practice, English tutoring, etc.

I feel like we often put our entire lives on hold for this soccer thing. I'm not saying I don't want them to play, but it's very expensive, involves a lot of traveling, and someone has practice every single night of the week. Add in games and we spend the time equivalent of a full time job every week on just soccer. And poor Justine gets drug along as the sibling cheerleader.

And she didn't want to play soccer. She wanted mixed martial arts.

And tonight, I delivered. Adorable, isn't she? Of course, as soon as I got home, I choked on a slew of phrases I never thought I'd have to say...

"Put your sister's nunchucks down. NOW."

"Now punch your brother."

"Show Daddy how you punched the nice man."




Photobucket

1 comment:

Shonya said...

giggle, now those sentences beat some of the phrases "i never thought I would say" hands down! :) Welcome back, and I'm glad she's finding her niche!